Morgan 4/4 is an automobile which has been produced by the Morgan Motor Company since 1936. It was Morgan's first car with four wheels, the "4-4" (later "4/4") designation indicating that the model has four wheels and four cylinders. Earlier Morgans had been three-wheelers, typically with V-twin engines. Apart from a break during World War II (and the period March 1951 to September 1955) the 4/4 has been in continuous production from its debut right up to the present day. Engine capacity has increased from the 1,122 cc Coventry Climax engine in 1936 to a 1.8-litre Ford engine in 2004, although it is currently back down to 1,595 cc.