The D24 was introduced in 1946, as the top trim level in the Dodge range (bigger than Plymouth's counterparts Dodge D25). It differed from the basic Deluxe model only in terms of interior trim, seats, dual electric windshield wipers and chrome exterior beading around the windows. The Custom was offered in 4-door 6 passenger Sedan, 4-door 6 passenger Town Sedan, 4-door 7 passenger Sedan, 2-door Club Coupe and 2-door Convertible models. The 7 Passenger model rode on a 137.5 inch wheelbase and all other models on 119.5 inches (3.012 m). All models were powered by a 230 cid inline six cylinder engine. A three-speed manual transmission was standard whilst a "Fluid Drive" option provided "no metal-to metal contact between the power source and drive".